Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Digital Rabbithole

For a class we have to design a line of clothing, which has been shortened to about thirty garments.

Everyone does womenswear which is rather cliche and boring, so I proposed designing clothes for Sims like Second Life. It was given the green light by my professor.

I didn't really know much about Second Life aside from an article I read, but the more I research it the more it frightens me! It's so huge and involved that I think it's nuts! I still do not have a SL account, but reading up about it more and more frightens me. I remember The Sims being addictive, but this community seems like it's more escapism than having a good time.

Buying genitalia? WHAT.

I'd rather scrap this project rather than falling into the rabbithole and never being able to climb out.

0 comments: