Saturday, December 9, 2006

First Corset

Ah well, I should at least be proud of my progress. Here's my first ever completed product that I started from scratch. Draping on a mannequin is actually rather fun, until the blisters appear. It's a corset I made from a super nice silk/rayon fabric (that I got on sale at Britex. SCORE!) Boy, there sure are so many things wrong with it.

I'm going to remake it with the leftover fabric I have when I come back from break. I didn't give enough bust curve because.. ah, apparently I underestimated my bust area. I'm a bit endowed for someone my size. I won't be doing another sweetheart neckline because it's just too tricky to sew. I'm going to add some black lace and more grommets. It's going to be HOT.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I totally can see you in that color corset!