Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Orion Chillin'

I found my person that is there for me when I'm down. He's hanging up there, in the cosmos, chilling and watching the world go by. Whether I'm across the world suffering from loneliness or walking home after an exhausting day, he'll be up there. I just have to wait for the night to come to see him.

We start up this great inner dialogue, me and Orion, and I spill about how blue I feel because this person is a constant disappointment or that person wasn't there for me. He responds with something like "People will be people," or something else that's comforting. I feel better afterwards and I can go home and sleep for the night.

Our first encounter was when I was a child, and his tell-tale stars were the easiest constellation for me to pick out. He was there for me when I was in Thailand for the first time, missing home and feeling out of place. He's the man that will never disappoint, never fail me, as long as there are stars in the sky.

0 comments: